Positioning Lift Slings
The Positioning Sling is intended to be permanently in place as part of the bedding. The sling has four pairs of straps and features loops to support the head in various positions. Re-positioning and turning, done manually under time pressure, poses a significant risk of injury to caregivers. The Positioning Sling is designed to address that risk. The sling is also used for transfers to other horizontal surfaces.
Used for re-positioning an individual in bed while in a horizontal position. Slings outfitted with tabs assist in securing the sling to the bed, as the tabs are tucked under the mattress.
- Color coded loops for identification and noted in individual's care plan for later reference
- Covered strap connections points to protect the skin
- Sling label serves as a sling information reference
- User care plan is supplied with every sling
- Guide handles to facilitate correct handling during transfers
- Center markers assists the caregiver in correctly positioning the sling
- PRODUCT # GREEN - 36" X 51": 507802
- GREEN - 42" X 78": 507809
- GREEN - 36" X 70": 507807
- GREEN - 56" X 78": 507815
- WHITE - 36" X 51": 507800
- WHITE - 42" X 78": 507808
- WHITE - 36" X 70": 507805
- BLUE MESH - 42" X 78": 507811
- BLUE MESH - 36" X 70": 507810
- BLUE MESH - 56" X 78": 507814
- SPACER - 42" X 78": 9Y4900
- SPACER W/ ELASTIC EDGES - 42" X 78": 9Y4901
- CLIENT SPECIFIC: 547810
Prism Medical offers a wide range of standard sizes to be sure to accommodate the needs of a diverse patient/resident population. It is important that the caregiver ensures that there is never strap in contact with the skin. If this occurs, it is often an indication that the sling is too small. Here are some general guidelines for sizing Prism Medical slings.
Remember to use your best clinical judgment when choosing a sling size which best fits your patient. People come in all different shapes and sizes and two people may weigh the same or be the same height but require different sized slings.
If the patient weighs over 400lbs a sling consultation is recommended. Please call (866) 891-6502
The sling should be inserted into a washer/laundry bag prior to being placed into the washer. This is to prevent any unusual wear and tear of the sling by the agitator and/or other parts of the washing machine.
- Use mild detergent.
- Set washing machine to Warm wash/cold rinse cycle.
- Do not dry on steam pipes, conventional heaters, wood stoves, or other similar devices.
- Tumble dry on air/fluff cycle only, or hang dry.
- Do not use chlorine based bleach.
- Do not dry clean.
Click here to view the our sling brochure.
Be the first to review this product.
- 7-14 Days
- 0.00 LBS