Prism Medical’s hammock slings provide maximum support to the sacral area. Hammock slings are commonly used in situation where the universal sling is unsuitable because the patient has poor body tone.
Hammock slings can be used in a divided leg or cross over position; this also provides good support for amputees (risk assessment must be carried out for amputee clients). Prism’s hammock lift slings come standard with leg and shoulder straps and feature multiple color-coded loops to accommodate various seating positions.
Hammock Sling Features
- Color coded loops for identification and noted in individual's care plan for later reference
- Covered strap connections points to protect the skin
- Sling label serves as a sling information reference
- User care plan is supplied with every sling
- Guide handles to facilitate correct handling during transfers
- Center markers assists the caregiver in correctly positioning the sling
- Available in either regular, mesh, or quilted material.
- Quilted leg sections and no binding on outer leg section for added comfort
- Slip fit material on outer leg sections to aid sling application/removal
- Commode aperture for toileting purposes for clients not wearing any lower garments
Prism Medical offers a wide range of standard sizes for the hammock sling to be sure to accommodate the needs of a diverse patient/resident population. It is important that the caregiver ensures that there is never strap in contact with the skin. If this occurs, it is often an indication that the sling is too small. Here are some general guidelines for sizing Prism Medical slings.
Remember to use your best clinical judgment when choosing a sling size which best fits your patient. People come in all different shapes and sizes and two people may weigh the same or be the same height but require different sized slings.
If the patient weighs over 400lbs a sling consultation is recommended. Please call (866) 891-6502
The sling should be inserted into a washer/laundry bag prior to being placed into the washer. This is to prevent any unusual wear and tear of the sling by the agitator and/or other parts of the washing machine.
- Use mild detergent.
- Set washing machine to Warm wash/cold rinse cycle.
- Do not dry on steam pipes, conventional heaters, wood stoves, or other similar devices.
- Tumble dry on air/fluff cycle only, or hang dry.
- Do not use chlorine based bleach.
- Do not dry clean.
Be the first to review this product.
- 7-14 Days
- 0.00 LBS